University Life
Wow, I'm on a roll. It's a wonder I even managed to find time to blog, seeing as how packed my schedule is. Last week was especially bad...waking up at 6am and jogging down to the river for 2h of rowing in the freezing cold, then a quick breakfast and cramming some studying before lectures at 11 (of which I ended up only going for 1 this week, bad boy me). Then there were rugby cuppers on Tue and Thu, we lost to Teddy Hall but they're defending champions, and we won Christchurch anyway so that was okay...except that after both matches the team insisted on going out for dinner. I left early for Tue (crap, couldn't enjoy the famous Mitre Special dessert) for pool cuppers (we won!) but joined the boys at the bar later on. Unfortunately I had to totally miss the Thursday one, cos there was a committee meeting for PPE soc that night, and obviously it wouldn't be right for the president of the com not to come. Then there was TGM for IMTCSoc as well, and apparently the proctors weren't very happy with some stuff Antony had done so President of Asian Cultural Affairs Assoc Jane and I had to troop down to the office to explain things - what's with Wk3 man? Plus Terry wanted to see me about my article for the magazine to make some changes...I mean, wtf, he wanted to meet just to correct my bloody grammar, which wasn't even wrong in the first place - and I thought he had something to say about the ontological basis of the popular sovereignty, which was (imo) the controversial point in the article. Sheesh. To think I rushed over from Faiz's tuition session (he's really quick, making great progress in English, I'm really proud of him) for that.
And to make things worse (or better?) Xiaoming (ho bor, buddy!), James Terry (love ya bud) and Nancy Gallagher (love ya gal) all had their birthday parties within the week too - Xiaoming and James both on Saturday. And there was the incredible (k I'm not really complaining) Student Night thingy at Filth - music was good, crowd was good, drinks were good. Geez. So I don't think you'll be surprised to hear that come 3am on Sunday morning, while getting wasted, I was howling about how much work I had (or had not) done. I'll upload the photos as soon as I can. Not very flattering though. Thankfully I managed to finish my pol theory essay by Sunday night, and macro on Monday, and even more thankfully, the tutors didn't say they sucked! Hooray me!
See, I haven't forgotten clubemo at all...still squeeze time out for you guys even though I really should be getting down to some serious studying (the first in a long time) now. Sigh, I guess that's uni life for you. Anyway gotta rush off for the meeting for the EP4W (End Poverty in the 4th World) programme I'm doing over the vacation now...what to do man, damn busy. Seriously need to cut down on commitments.
And to make things worse (or better?) Xiaoming (ho bor, buddy!), James Terry (love ya bud) and Nancy Gallagher (love ya gal) all had their birthday parties within the week too - Xiaoming and James both on Saturday. And there was the incredible (k I'm not really complaining) Student Night thingy at Filth - music was good, crowd was good, drinks were good. Geez. So I don't think you'll be surprised to hear that come 3am on Sunday morning, while getting wasted, I was howling about how much work I had (or had not) done. I'll upload the photos as soon as I can. Not very flattering though. Thankfully I managed to finish my pol theory essay by Sunday night, and macro on Monday, and even more thankfully, the tutors didn't say they sucked! Hooray me!
See, I haven't forgotten clubemo at all...still squeeze time out for you guys even though I really should be getting down to some serious studying (the first in a long time) now. Sigh, I guess that's uni life for you. Anyway gotta rush off for the meeting for the EP4W (End Poverty in the 4th World) programme I'm doing over the vacation now...what to do man, damn busy. Seriously need to cut down on commitments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home