Working at L
Hey Daryl, I met your cousin today! She introduced herself and handed me two boxes full of paper for data entry (update of student particulars by class). Working at that for half an hour, I managed to get rid of a pile about 1cm thick. So now I have two highly demoralising stacks of paper in TLU that I allocate some time each day to clear. (there are some upsides though, like an excuse to work downstairs where you can see some CHIs, and gangwei of course)
Apart from certain categories of work, TLL is fun! One of my routine duties is to be usher for the proficiency quiz ie. entrance examination for students. That's fun because I get to disturb all the kids and practice talking in a formal manner. Of course, I'm damn bad at talking in a formal manner.
Case in point: just today, I was sent to do New Student Orientation (NSO). After I did the orientation, the girl at the reception said to me, "Hey Justin, you're her friend ar? The way you conduct the NSO ar, luckily the parent was not there. If she was there ar, I think she'll be shocked lor. You just go up to the girl and say: Come follow me. like you're her friend like that."
Ushering is also fun because there's a lot of idle time to talk to people who are hanging around the outer reception (sometimes they are hot girls!). Sometimes you talk to parents and hot mums! There was even once a grandmother talked to me for very very long, which has resulted in MW telling people whenever he can to be careful of me because I am a grandmother killer. But that was my first time ushering and I was just trying to be polite haha.
You also meet strange parents. Yesterday, I despatched a document in heavy rain to a parent's house because he said he was not free to come down. In the end, he asked his wife to send me back to TLL, which meant that they could have come down to take the document actually! After that, he called TLL, asked to speak with me and asked for my handphone number on the pretext of getting me, or my friends, to teach his JC2 son tuition, a rather logical pretext. (a digressing point, I told him, "I don't think I am able to give you my handphone number", yet another testimony to my hopeless formal english) However, those listening only to my side of the conversation would have thought it a highly illogical question that was out of place (plus they think the parent is eccentric already). Even more unfortunately for me, MW was around so it has been added to his things to make fun me of.
Finally, from the MSRU, a department that I do not work in, there are rumours of LOVE between two interns, one of whom you probably know! (DISCLAIMER: readers of this blog, after your clever inferences, please refrain from asking whoever you think it is about it as it might cause extreme embarrassment and probably the premature death of a love affair! Let it grow man......)
Hahaha...the end.
Apart from certain categories of work, TLL is fun! One of my routine duties is to be usher for the proficiency quiz ie. entrance examination for students. That's fun because I get to disturb all the kids and practice talking in a formal manner. Of course, I'm damn bad at talking in a formal manner.
Case in point: just today, I was sent to do New Student Orientation (NSO). After I did the orientation, the girl at the reception said to me, "Hey Justin, you're her friend ar? The way you conduct the NSO ar, luckily the parent was not there. If she was there ar, I think she'll be shocked lor. You just go up to the girl and say: Come follow me. like you're her friend like that."
Ushering is also fun because there's a lot of idle time to talk to people who are hanging around the outer reception (sometimes they are hot girls!). Sometimes you talk to parents and hot mums! There was even once a grandmother talked to me for very very long, which has resulted in MW telling people whenever he can to be careful of me because I am a grandmother killer. But that was my first time ushering and I was just trying to be polite haha.
You also meet strange parents. Yesterday, I despatched a document in heavy rain to a parent's house because he said he was not free to come down. In the end, he asked his wife to send me back to TLL, which meant that they could have come down to take the document actually! After that, he called TLL, asked to speak with me and asked for my handphone number on the pretext of getting me, or my friends, to teach his JC2 son tuition, a rather logical pretext. (a digressing point, I told him, "I don't think I am able to give you my handphone number", yet another testimony to my hopeless formal english) However, those listening only to my side of the conversation would have thought it a highly illogical question that was out of place (plus they think the parent is eccentric already). Even more unfortunately for me, MW was around so it has been added to his things to make fun me of.
Finally, from the MSRU, a department that I do not work in, there are rumours of LOVE between two interns, one of whom you probably know! (DISCLAIMER: readers of this blog, after your clever inferences, please refrain from asking whoever you think it is about it as it might cause extreme embarrassment and probably the premature death of a love affair! Let it grow man......)
Hahaha...the end.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home